UPSI Strength & Conditioning Conference 2020 (UPSISC2020)
Conditioning for Sport Climbing
Mohamed Azizul Bin Mohamed Afandi
Faculty of Sports Science & Recreation, UiTM
In recent years, sport climbing has shown a potential growth in popularity and lead to community interest when Tokyo Olympics Games 2020 has been confirmed and announced this sport climbing disciplines being part of the events. As we know, sport climbing disciplines was performed in the vertical plane that requires physical capabilities such as strength, power, and endurance. To compare with many other sports, the science of performance sport climbing is still quite young. This presentation will introduce, explained specific terms and basic concept of conditioning for sport climbing in such a way as to present this discipline to those who do not yet know and who want to appreciate it which may given the growing interest in world of sports.
Mohamad Azizul Mohamed Afandi
Head of Studies Centre / Lecturer
Faculty of Sports Science and Recreation
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Cawangan Pahang.
- Master of Education (Sport Science), UPSI.
- Bachelor of Sports Science (Hons), UiTM.
- Diploma in Health and Fitness, UiTM.
As An Athlete
- Asia X Games 2008, Shanghai China.
- Asia X Games 2006, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- South East Asia Sport Climbing Championship 2004, Jakarta Indonesia.
- Asian X Games 2002, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- Asian Youth Climbing Championship 2002, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- World Cup Climbing Championship 2001, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Malaysian Extreme Sport Championship 2001 - 2009.
Malaysian Sport Climbing Championship 2001 - 2009.