Nur Ikhwan Mohamad, PhD
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
for fitness, performance and health
Studying human movement, for improving human performance
Scope of Practice
Provide physical exercise and training prescription for the purpose of reducing risk of injury and increase performance, via systematic and evidence based practice. It is within the responsibilities of the strength and conditioning professionals to determine training objectives, perform need analysis, develop training plan, develop training program, do performance monitoring, determine effectiveness and perform modification for further enhancement.
Printable PDF original 2018 PAR-Q+
Planning home exercise for beginners video
Physical conditioning basic theories power point PDF (Malay language) (konsep asas; komponen kecergasan, prinsip & pembolehubah; kekuatan & daya tahan; kelenturan; pemulihan; asas periodisasi; teknik senaman & otot terlibat)
Blog post: Tips bersenam sendiri di rumah
Posted 6 Feb 2022
FOR A RESEARCH PROJECT ON AGING PROCESS AND REGIMENTED HYPERTROPHY TRAINING
We are looking for volunteers to participate in a 12 weeks research project with exercise program aiming at muscle mass preservation and development among adults.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Young and middle-aged adults (30-50 years old).
- Resides at Tanjung Malim and surrounding areas and able to attend sessions at UPSI (Proton City).
TESTING AND DATA COLLECTION
- Physical activity readiness
- Basic assessment
- Muscle architecture using ultrasound imaging
- Muscle activity using electromyography (EMG).
- Heart rate responses using heart rate monitor watch.
*All testing will be made on individual basis in accordance with current Covid-19 SOP
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION;
- Trainer guided fitness program and assessment.
- Expert advise and consultation on exercise and physical fitness.
- Research code FRGS2021-1-394530
- Research ethics approval number 2021-0225-01
Register your interest or get more info by contacting us through the Contact Form or direct email as below.